There are hundreds of fun things to do with kids in the Bay Area. Find fun near home or plan a day trip adventure. Use the pages below to find favorite destinations for your family.
Also, check our events page for upcoming family-oriented events and activities.
- Amusement Parks – Both large and small for tots to teens, plus water slides.
- Animals – Zoos, Farms, and Wildlife centers with live animal exhibits and educational opportunities.
- The Arts – Visual Arts exhibits and activities, plus Music, Dance, and Theatre performances.
- Beaches – Fun and easy Beach Getaways.
- Cultural Fun – Fun and educational Cultural Centers with exhibits, activities and entertainment, plus engaging Cultural Festivals.
- Entertainment Centers – Arcades, Bowling, Movies, Play Places, Miniature Golf, Skating, Train Rides and more!
- Historical Fun – Fun and educational History Museums and Parks featuring the people and places of the Bay Area’s past.
- Museums – Children’s Museums, plus Art, Science & Technology and Natural History Museums with family-friendly exhibits and activities.
- Outdoor Fun – Boat Rides, Farms, Nature Centers, Playgrounds, Swimming and more outdoor family fun.
- Parks – City, County, Regional, State and National Parks for outdoor exploration.
- Restaurants – Kid-Friendly Restaurants and Ice Cream Parlors, plus cooking schools for little chefs.
- Science & Technology – Science Museums, Planetariums, and Aviation Museums to encourage your child’s scientific curiosity.
- Spectator Sports – Professional and College Sporting events, including football, baseball, basketball, soccer and hockey.